The Career and Technical Education program in Lincoln County Schools offers many programs of study to all middle and high schools students, as well as students enrolled at Asbury Academy and the School of Technology. The CTE Department undergoes a yearly program evaluation to ensure that our programs meet the current industry and business standards as well as the expectations of our students and parents.
Lincoln County Schools CTE offers courses in the following areas:
- Agricultural Education
- Business, Finance, and Information Technology Education
- Career Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Health Science Education
- Marketing and Entrepreneurial Education
- Technology and Engineering Education
- Trade and Industrial Education
CTE Works for High School StudentsHigh school students involved in CTE are more engaged, perform better and graduate at higher rates.
- Taking one CTE class for every two academic classes minimizes the risk of students dropping out of high school.
- The average high school graduation rate for students concentrating in CTE programs is 93 percent, compared to an average national freshman graduation rate of 80 percent.
- 91 percent of high school graduates who earned 2-3 CTE credits enrolled in college.
Career & Technical Education Mission Statement:
The mission of North Carolina and Lincoln County Career and Technical Education is to empower all students to be successful citizens, workers and leaders in a global economy.
Cale Sain, EdD.Director of Career and Technical Education704-736-1017, ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie SmithCTE Instructional Management/Work-Based Learning Coordinator704-736-1017, ext. email@example.com
Kristy SmithAdministrative Assistant704-736-1017, ext. 30245
Jack HoyleCTE Tech Support704-736-1017, ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Technical Education1 Timken DriveLincolnton, NC 28092704-736-1017, ext. 30245704-735-8292 (fax)