MTSS Process at LHS
MTSS Process at LHS
Supported by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and Lincoln County Schools, Lincolnton High School implements a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS). MTSS is a multi-tiered framework which promotes school improvement through engaging, research-based academic and behavioral practices. MTSS employs a systems approach using data-driven problem solving to maximize growth for all. Additionally, Lincolnton High School uses a Multi-Tiered System of Support to ensure college, career and community readiness for all students.
Lincoln County Schools and Lincolnton High School believe that MTSS is the most effective and efficient approach to improving school outcomes and student performance thereby ensuring equitable access to a sound basic education. Clearly defined support for academics and behavior/social-emotional skills are essential in an MTSS.
The following are the essential elements of MTSS implemented at Lincolnton High School :
- Environment: Refers to the expectations for students and staff across the school and classroom settings. This includes climate, management, scheduling, and instructional grouping used to serve all students.
- Curriculum: Refers to the materials, instructional programs, texts, lessons and mapping (for academics and behavior/social-emotional functioning) delivered to all students.
- Curriculum used at Lincolnton High School is...
- aligned with student needs
- provides clear mapping towards meeting standards
- takes into account student skill deficits
- aligned with school resources.
- Instruction: Refers to the practices used to deliver the curriculum (academics and behavior/social-emotional functioning) to all students at Lincolnton High School. These practices align with student needs and resources, are evidence–based, include a variety of methods, and ensure cultural responsiveness.
- Data-Evaluation: Lincolnton High School uses a comprehensive data-evaluation plan for MTSS to review and analyze student measures. The purpose of data-evaluation fulfills the following purposes:
- inform instruction,
- identify students who are at risk,
- determine why students are at risk,
- monitor student progress and
- determine if outcomes were met.
Please contact the school if you have any questions regarding how your child is supported through our Multi-Tiered System of Support.
Lincolnton High School~ 704-735-3089