Project Unify/Unified Champions
Special Olympics Project UNIFY is a club for students with and without intellectual disabilities that come together for sports, games, school events, community service, and most of all, to have fun! We want to create a school climate of inclusion, respect acceptance, and human dignity for all students. Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools bring youth with and without intellectual disabilities together through sports and education to create school communities of acceptance and respect. Unified Champion Schools are seen through every level of education (Pre-K/Head Start through college) and are driven by youth and staff leaders.
Unified Champion Schools provide a climate that is:
- Free from bullying and exclusion
- Combats stereotypes and negative attitudes
- Eliminates hurtful language
- Promotes healthy activity and interactions
- Is welcoming and values the engagement of all students