Advisor: Erica Roberson
President: Alexis Wilson
Vice President: Haley Morris
Secretary: To be filled
Treasurer: Abigail Lail
Future Teachers of America
Future Teachers of America – or FTA – is an extra-curricular public school organization operated as a school “club.” FTA encourages young people to choose teaching as a career and provides a means for students to participate in realistic education activities.
FTA chapters provide collaboration opportunities among educators, students, and the community. Members of FTA who share in the decision making are participating in a program that recognizes that these priorities should provide students with knowledge of:
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Provide opportunities for community involvement by participation in educational events such as school board meetings and site-based decision-making groups.
- Provide means for students to participate in realistic education activities that assist in making valid career decisions.
- Enhance school-student-community relations through partnerships with educational, civic, and business groups.
- Improve effective communication and leadership skills through FTA and Teacher Cadet Programs.
- Provide opportunities to investigate global educational issues through technology.
- Gain insights into working with children and peers in public schools
- Provide a variety of educational and cultural experiences through active participation in a FTA Chapter.