MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS RESOURCES
The state level participation handbooks and eligibility requirements for Middle School Athletics can be found at https://sites.google.com/dpi.nc.gov/nchealthyschools/athletics.
ELMS Boys Soccer Workouts
- Boys soccer conditioning workouts will be July 7th, 15th and 16th
- Registration 6pm to 6:30
- Any athlete arriving after 6:30pm will not be allowed to register and will have to return at the next workout
- Workout time 6:30pm to 8
- Other workout dates and times will be announced at a later time.
- Athletes will need a valid physical signed and dated by a doctor to participate in workouts
- Physical will be considered valid as far back as March 1, 2019
- Athletes will need a current concussion form to participate in workouts
- Parents must complete a NCHSAA Covid 19 screening form before athlete is allow to participate in workouts
- Forms can be downloaded off our school website under athletics, forms will also be available on site during workouts
- All athletes must go through temperature check, answer pre workout checklist questions and be cleared by the coach before they are allowed to exit their car
- If parents are staying at workouts they must park in the teacher parking lot and remain in their cars the entire time
- Workouts will be on the school soccer field
- Registration table will be set up at the top of the drive going to the track
- Workouts will be conducted in pods of 10 athletes or less including the coach
Athletes must bring their own water bottle and have their name clearly visible on the bottle. We suggest a large water bottle to avoid having to get refills. Athletes should bring their own soccer ball if they have one. Please remember to hydrate throughout the day prior to conditioning time. Athletes may wear a mask while not exercising. Everyone must remain six feet apart at all times. Athletes should wear cleats or tennis shoes, shorts and a light color t-shirt.
If you have any questions please contact Coach Thompson. (firstname.lastname@example.org)