Lincoln County Schools has contracted with Carolina Driver Ed to provide driver's education services for their school students.
Things parents and students should know about driver education:
- Students must be at least 14 ½ years old and enrolled in a public school, private school, or homeschool to register for driver's education.
- Students who meet the age requirement may register for the class by using the link below or with the school's driver's education facilitator.
- A fee of $65.00 must be paid online or at the student's school before attending class. Families unable to pay the $65.00 fee may apply for a reduced fee of $45.00 (please see the driver education facilitator to obtain the form).
- A parent/legal guardian must complete the Reduction in Fee form.
- North Carolina law requires students to complete 30 hours of classroom course work as well as 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving.
- Students 15-17 years old must pass 3 out of 4 school subjects in order to obtain and maintain a North Carolina driver's license.
(704)-489-8199Eric EakerChief Operations Officer(704) 736-1017 ext. 30225Driver's Eligibility CertificatesParents may obtain their student's DEC (Drivers Eligibility Certificate) during the school year from the Drivers Ed. Coordinator at each high school. Please contact the school to set up an appointment with the Drivers Ed. Coordinator.The Lincoln County Schools Transportation Office issues the DEC during summer and other long breaks. LCS Transportation Office is located at 2660 Maiden Hwy, Lincolnton. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.