Lincoln County Schools has contracted with Carolina Driver Ed to provide driver education services for their school students.
Things parents and students should know about driver education:
- Students must be at least 14 ½ years old and enrolled in a public school, private school, or home schooled to register for driver’s education.
- Students who meet the age requirement may register for class by using the link below or with the school’s driver education facilitator.
- A fee of $65.00 must be paid online or at the student’s school before attending class. Families unable to pay the $65.00 fee may apply for a reduced fee of $45.00 (please see the driver education facilitator to obtain the form).
- A parent/legal guardian must complete the Reduction in Fee form.
- North Carolina law requires students to complete 30 hours of classroom course work as well as 6 hours of behind the wheel driving.
- Senate Bill 654 (SL 2021-130) Parts XI & XII (expires 1/30/2022)