ELMS 23-24 Golf Try Outs:
Place: Verdict Ridge
Date: 8/21 & 8/22/2023 3:30-5:30pm
You must have a current physical and concussion form to participate in try-outs
All student-athletes are responsible for your own transportation to the golf course for try outs.
Must have your own golf clubs.
- Don Hensley (community coach)
- Transportation issues should be discussed with the coach
- Behavior Expectations
- Only serious golfers will be considered for the team. Students who goof off or clown around will be detrimental to the success of the whole. Students who exhibit these characteristics may not be considered for the team.
- Items Students will need to tryout and if they make the Team:
- A standard set of golf clubs
- Collared shirts (NO T-shirts)
- Khaki Shorts (NO Cargo Shorts or other type of shorts - NO jeans or denim)
- Soft-spike golf shoes
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS RESOURCES
The state level participation handbooks and eligibility requirements for Middle School Athletics can be found at https://sites.google.com/dpi.nc.gov/nchealthyschools/athletics.Here is what players need to participate: (Water, mask (optional), physical, concussion
- Large water container with names clearly on them.
- Current Sports Physical: Needs the CLEARED box to be checked. The physical also needs to be SIGNED and DATED by a physician.
- Physical Form ***CVS Minute Clinic does sports physicals and discount coupons are often found online.***
- Concussion Form Needs to be initialed, signed and dated by a parent/guardian and players