Return to School Information
· Office Hours: I am available at 704-735- 3089 ex 32205, on Wednesdays and until from 3:15 - 3:30 on Monday – Tuesday; Thursday – Friday.
· Parent/Teacher communication process: The easiest way to get in touch with me is by email: email@example.com. Your student can contact me that way, through Remind (we will go over codes for that in class), or through the message area of Canvas.
· Scheduling Face to Face appointments for students with specific needs: (ie new to school, IEP, 504, behavior needs, medical needs, etc.), there is a Sign-Up Genius link on my home page. However, I would reach out to me through email first, because that is still the quickest way to make contact.
· School Arrival and Hallway procedures:
o When students arrive, there will be 4 entrances and there will be a temperature check. If they arrive by bus then they will also have it checked on the bus.
o Entry locations:
§ 9th Grade students will report to main entrance and report directly to homeroom.
§ 10th grade students will report to cafeteria doors downstairs and report directly to homeroom.
§ 11th grade report to double doors at gym entrance and report directly to homeroom.
§ 12th grade students report to 500 hall entrance and report directly to homeroom.
o There are floor markings and signs for visitors and students to show traffic flow.
o We need to move in the same direction in hallways as much as possible.
o Masks and hand sanitization are required before entering a classroom or returning to a classroom
o We will not be having FlexBlock at this time
· Classroom/ Remote Learning Expectations: A syllabus for your student’s class is on the Canvas page or you may email me for a copy.
o Earth Science: All work will be on Canvas and we will make every possible attempt to do some simple labs and project based learning when we are face to face. Students are expected to complete and submit the online work and have normal school supplies when they are in person.
o Anatomy: All work will be on Canvas and we will make every possible attempt to do some simple labs and project based learning when we are face to face. Students are expected to complete and submit the online work and have normal school supplies when they are in person.
o All classes will receive a Remind code which can be used by students and parents. Remind codes are also available on the tool bar under Remind codes.
Phone: 704.735.3089 ext 32205
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kathy Bosiak
I am passionate about my planet and the authentic learning experiences for my students. I am a Boston born, 23 year veteran Science teacher who enjoys learning, gardening, ice hockey, baseball, travel and sharing my love of cultures and the environment. I have taught at Lincolnton High School for 22 of those 23 years and have been the Science Department Chairman for 20 of them. I also am the JV Cheerleading and Asst. Varsity Girl's Soccer Coach , new teacher mentor, as well as TED-ED club and International Key Club teacher advisor and county Science Task Force member. My awards include the NC Outstanding Earth Science Teacher, multiple NC Science Teacher Association awards and a National Life Changers of the Year award. I have been certified a Global Educator through the US. State Department and am a National Geographic Certified Educator. I have represented the United States through a teaching and cultural exchange in India with Teachers for Global Classrooms, by presenting at the International iEARN Conference and Youth Summit in Qatar , Morroco and Argentina, and as IIE-Hilton Teacher Treks grant recipient in New Zealand , NEA grant to New Zealand, Transatlantic Outreach program teacher to Germany , and Fund For Teachers Fellow to Edinburgh. In the summer of 2019, I spent 10 days in the Amazon with the Educators of Excellence Fellowship and let me tell you, those insects were HUGE! I am passionate about Project Based Learning and my students collaborate with the Canadian Space Agency , ProjectExplorer and iEARN students. I have been married for 44 years and have two sons.