Parents and other responsible adults, please make sure you are able to follow your student's progress in CANVAS. All grades, notes, comments, and announcements are available in Canvas first.
Remind App Codes for Fall 2023:
- 2nd Math 3 = @rome2m3
- 3rd Math 2H = @rome3m2h
- 4th Math 2H = @rome4m2h
- A2 Homeroom = @romeHR26
- Check your school email to join by invitation
- Three-ring binder (2” or more preferred)
- Looseleaf notebook paper with holes
- Pencils with erasers
- Skinny highlighters and/or colored pencils
- Clear/transparent ruler
- Optional: tracing template similar to this(1) or this(2)
- 10-15 clear sheet protectors
Student Apps to Download to Phones
- Google Drive
- Scanning app such as Adobe Scan (if your phone does not have a built-in app that allows you to scan multiple page images to PDF and rename)
Math Course Grade Calculation
- 60% Summative (tests, projects)
- 40% Formative (classwork, homework, quizzes)
- *Remember that teachers cannot discuss your grades in front of other students, so please hold questions until the end of class if you are unable to send a message.
What to Expect
- Content and assignments will be accessible in Canvas in addition to in-person instruction.
- Students should check Canvas Modules, student email, and Canvas Inbox frequently.
- Participation in class activities, note-taking, and completing examples thoroughly is expected.
- Your class notes outline will be printed for you; you will add to these during class.
- We show all steps and work and round to three decimal places unless directed otherwise.
- Keep everything in your notebook. Do not throw anything away!
- Math 3 has an EOC at the end of the semester.
- Math 2 has a teacher-made exam you may be exempt from if grades/attendance meet certain criteria.
Student Handbook Items to Review
- Dress code
- Cell phone and technology usage
- Attendance and tardies
- Late work and retesting
- *These are posted online and will be reviewed during the first week
Learning and personal growth will be our focus, so you will be challenged but supported. Aim to top your personal best! If you feel you are stuck, come see me. I will help you. Please know you are ALWAYS welcome in my room. Come to me with any questions or concerns… not just math!
~ Ms. Rome